This creamy Züri Geschnetzelte is the classic among Swiss sliced meat recipes.
Ingredients for four servings
- 1 TL Fried butter
- 250 G Mushrooms
- 100 ml Meat bouillon
- 350 G Veal, cut into thin strips.
- 1 Tbsp Maizena
- 1 Tbsp Flour for dusting
- 100 G Nierli
- 1 Federation parsley
- 1 prize pepper
- 1 prize salt
- 20th cl Full cream
- 10 cl White wine
- 3 Apr Lemon juice
- 1 Pc onion
- Before the preparation can begin, the oven must be preheated to 60 ° C, and the plates and the serving platter are placed in it to preheat.
- If the veal has not already been cut into strips approx. 3 cm thick, this has to be done later. The kidneys should be divided into thin slices. Alternatively, the nearly can be left out or replaced with veal.
- Then you put the kidneys and the veal in a frying pan with melted butter. So that a friendly crust forms, everything can be lightly dusted with flour during frying. Carefully fry the kidneys and the veal for 3 minutes, season with salt and pepper, and then set aside.
- Cut the onion into rings and fry in the frying pan until golden brown. Then add the sliced mushrooms and lemon juice, reduce the heat, and steam for another 2 minutes.
- Now the wine is put into the frying pan and cooked for a short time over medium heat. During this time, you can mix the cream with the bouillon and the corn maze and then pour it into the pan. The liquid with the onions and mushrooms is then boiled in it and thickened for another 3 minutes until a creamy sauce is formed. This is now seasoned to taste with pepper and salt.
- Now you can add the meat, the kidneys, and half of the parsley to the sauce and briefly heat everything again.
- Finally, all you have to do is arrange the Züri Geschnetzelte on the plate from the oven, garnish with the remaining parsley and serve.
Tips on the recipe
Rösti is served as a side dish.