Zucchetti omelet with pumpkin seed oil is a specialty from Styria (A). The nutty oil gives the omelets an extra kick.
Ingredients for six servings
- 4th Tbsp butter
- 9 Pc Eggs
- 2 Pc fresh zucchini
- 3 Tbsp Herbs, chopped
- One-shot Pumpkin seed oil
- 60 G Parmesan, freshly grated
- One prize Salt pepper
- Wash the zucchini, dry them, cap the ends and slice them into fine slices. Whisk the eggs with the parmesan and herbs.
- Mix the courgette slices into the egg mixture and season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a large pan and add the egg mixture. Let it bake a little, then put the lid on and let it set over a mild heat (takes about 12-15 minutes).
- Let the omelet slide onto a platter, cut open like pieces of cake and sprinkle with pumpkin seed oil.
- Tips on the recipe
- You can garnish the omelet with shrimp if you like or mix them directly into the batter. Rocket salad with balsamic vinegar vinaigrette goes well with it.