This delicious recipe is prepared according to the original Greek recipe and it tastes awesome, you are not going to believe it but it is as good as Greek itself, and I bet you, that you are going to like it also, and if you don’t the stop following this website and I haven’t taken any money from you so no money-back guarantee!
We are making this dish for 6 people so ingredients are according to 6 peoples but if you want to make it for some more people or fewer people then you can change the ingredients by yourself on your own needs but don’t deduct any ingredient saying that it is not important because every ingredient in this recipe is necessary so make sure you don’t do that.
- 3Pc Eggplant
- 5Tbsp butter
- 2Pc Eggs
- 550G Minced meat, mixed
- 650G Potatoes
- 5Tbsp Flour
- 800ml milk
- 1 prize nutmeg
- 2Tbsp olive oil
- 1 prize oregano
- 120G Parmesan, grated
- 1 prize pepper
- 1 prize salt
- 800G chunky tomatoes
- 2Tbsp Tomato paste
- 120ml White wine
- 1 prize Cinnamon powder
- 1 prize sugar
- 2Pc Onions
I think these are a lot of ingredients right? Yeah sure but it will test also good because it is from Greek! below is the step by step process given so you must check it out once!
- For this Greek moussaka recipe, first was the aubergines and then cut them into pieces or slices. Put them in a large bowl, seasoning with a little salt, and let it be still for about 30 minutes or less.
- As you are waiting for 30 minutes then let’s prepare something else which takes some potatoes and wash them if they have dust so it will be removed and now cook them for about 20 minutes in boiling water and salt in it also.
- Now get some fresh onions and peel them and chop them finely and add them in a saucepan with a small amount of oil and cook them for 3 minutes or less. Now get the juicy minced meat in there and fry it for few minutes and add salt and pepper in it.
- Now add some chunky tomatoes in it and add salt, cinnamon, sugar, and oregano and simmer gently for about 20-25 minutes. Then add some grated cheese and eggs in it and stir well.
- Then you will need butter again in another saucepan and melt it slowly and add the flour in it and stir and let it sweat a little. Add milk in it while stirring, reduce the amount of heat that you are giving to it and keep it stirring for about 20 minutes more. Add some salt, pepper, and nutmeg to it.
- Now wash the aubergine slices and dry them with kitchen paper and take a pan and add oil in it, then fry the aubergine in it for both sides for few minutes and then drain it off with kitchen paper again.
- I think now the potatoes should be ready also, then take them out and allow them to evaporate and peel them and cut them into slices. Take a gratin dish and apply oil in it and place some slices of potatoes in it, and cover it with minced meat sauce and garnish it with aubergines. Now again pour the minced meat sauce again, and aubergines again and pour the bechamel sauce over it.
- Add some remaining cheese to it and bake that in the oven at 190 degrees for about 50 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Finally, serve your delicious Greek moussaka to your family or friends and I know you have to do a lot of work to make it but that’s fine!